Destination Weddings – Port Douglas & The Daintree
For a laid-back beachside village, Port Douglas certainly knows how to party.
You don’t need a reason to want to visit Port Douglas and the Daintree, but when you can dance under the stars at a waterfront festival, feast on fresh produce under the palms with celebrity chefs or wed with a glistening ocean backdrop in the climate of your dreams – a destination wedding ticks all the boxes.
What appeals to us about Port Douglas and the Daintree is they can play host to any kind of wedding you dream of. From elaborate celebrations with all of your nearest and dearest, or magical micro-weddings to intimate elopements where it’s only the two of you. This romantic region can do it all.
WHY YOU SHOULD GET MARRIED IN THE TROPICS
The tropics are synonymous with romance, and there is no better location to hold your tropical destination wedding, vow renewal or commitment ceremony, than in Queensland’s Port Douglas.
It is here that you will have the wedding of your dreams.
The region is home to talented wedding specialists who will make sure your day is flawless. Photographers, caterers, marriage celebrants and styling companies are just a few of the team on hand to ensure your wedding day is everything you dreamed it would be.
Whether your celebration is a weekender, a mini-break or a week long affair, Port Douglas has itineraries to suit all, with honeymoon options a-plenty, particularly in stunning neighbouring region the Daintree.
A VENUE TO SUIT ANY THEME
Whether it is a boho beach ceremony, an intimate wedding in a church or chapel, a rainforest celebration or a formal event in a five-star resort, you’ll find the ideal location to celebrate your love together. You can even say ‘I do’ on a sandy cay or tropical island on the Great Barrier Reef!
The brilliance of a destination wedding is that you can make use of their local suppliers who not only are experts on the area, but you will also save on travel fees. Port Douglas boasts so much talent from sensational celebrants, caterers who celebrate local produce, fabulous photographers and videographers who will capture every magic moment as well as exceptional wedding planners to keep you on track, and stylists and hire companies who can bring that extra pizazz. Everything is at the tip of your fingers in Port Douglas, making wedding planning a breeze.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING AT A TROPICAL QUEENSLAND DESTINATION WEDDING.
Port Douglas is without a doubt a stunning choice to have your wedding, and you want to make sure you have all details covered when it comes to planning your big day. There are a few extra factors it is worthwhile having in mind when looking at planning a dream day in the tropics.
The beauty of Port Douglas is the incredible climate and anytime of year is perfect for your destination wedding. Keep in mind there are two distinct seasons. Winter comes with warm temperatures and low chance of rainfall and the summer period where the weather is balmy but has a higher chance of rainfall. The dry season starts in May and finishes in October and the wet season extends from October through to April. Escape a cold winter and relish in the warmth Port Douglas brings, and for summer, enjoy the balmy beauty and just make sure you have wet weather plans in place.
Located only one hour north of Cairns, along the picturesque Great Barrier Reef Drive, Port Douglas is a tropical haven and the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest. Port Douglas’ closest airport is Cairns, once you land there are plenty of car hire choices, or you can book a private transfer or shuttle buses to transport a group directly to your accommodation. Port Douglas is walkable once you arrive. There are also many local shuttle bus services that run throughout the day, from early morning until late at night, for a small fee per person, making travel convenient at all times.
For those venturing to the Daintree, self drive options are the best way to see and explore this beautiful area.
With wedding accommodation options to fit every budget; think luxury villas, expansive resorts or holiday park cabins, celebrating your wedding in Port Douglas is a once in a lifetime experience sure to leave you and your guests with memories to treasure for years to come.
There’s so much ease in staying at the accommodation you will be wed, but the choice is endless and has something for all.
HONEYMOON IN PORT DOUGLAS AND DAINTREE
It’s easy to fall in love with Port Douglas and the Daintree and once the wedding celebrations are complete, it’s the perfect destination to stay on and honeymoon. Be it relaxing in a romantic and luxurious resort and indulging in fine foods and massage, or getting out and about with the abundance of things to see and do, Port Douglas and the Daintree offer so much when it comes to an unforgettable honeymoon experience.
TOP TIPS FOR PLANNING A DESTINATION WEDDING.
There’s something magical about destination weddings. Getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and enjoying a celebration with your nearest and dearest in a beautiful location while soaking up stunning surrounds. Here are some top tips for planning a dreamy destination wedding.
1. Hire a local wedding planner. A local wedding planner is worth their weight in gold. They know the area, suppliers and can take control of all aspects of your day, easing any wedding planning stress.
2. Hire local suppliers. Do away with travel fees and use local suppliers who once again know the area best and specialise in what they do.
3. Give your guests notice. Communicate your wedding date and location as soon as possible to give your guests the best chance to save their money for travel and lock in their flights and accommodation too. The more detail you can give them, the better.
4. Consider additional events. Given your guests are likely to be in the one location for a few days if not more, consider hosting a recovery brunch, or a welcome dinner or interactive activities that will help your guests get to know one another and create an amazing atmosphere.
5. Get to know your suppliers. In this day and age, video calls are easy. It will help make you feel like you’re not working with complete stranger. Get to know them via video calls, emails and phone calls and feel like you’ve made not only the right choice, but potentially new friends and let the excitement build.
6. Consider the elements. Research the climate of where your destination wedding will be and factor in the elements. Will you need a wet-weather plan? Will you need to guide guests as to appropriate fashion choices for the weather?
With a dedicated website to help you plan your destination wedding, Port Douglas and the Daintree will help you host the tropical destination wedding you’ve always dreamed of.