Getting married in New South Wales (NSW)
When it comes to New South Wales and its beautiful surrounds, you can be guaranteed a wedding of a lifetime in this stunning state.
You will be truly spoilt for choice of lovely locations to seal the deal with your loved one, and you will create magical memories to last a lifetime.
Be it a wonderful winery wedding, creating a calm coastal soiree or heading to the mountains for a romantic escape, there are so many places to explore.
NEW SOUTH WALES VENUES TO SUIT ANY WEDDING THEME
If you’re looking to be married in the big smoke, then Sydney is a superb location to be wed in sensational style. Hit the dazzling waterfront, beachside locations, romantic rooftops, gardens or cute cafes, there is endless inspiration in this gorgeous city that will suit any theme.
The Blue Mountains are magnificent and perfect for the romantics out there. Some of the most incredible natural attractions can be found here, so for nature lovers, this destination could just be the one.
Just north of Sydney you will find the Central Coast known for its beautiful beaches and lush national parks. Gorgeous coastal towns are dotted along the areas of Gosford and Wyong and offer beautiful places to exchange your vows.
It would be remiss to not mention the heavenly Hunter Valley one of the more popular regions for brides and grooms and for many reasons. This is Australia’s oldest wine region and is appealing when it comes to winery wedding lovers who will be spoilt for choice.
Looking for a more laidback vibe? Then head to the North Coast of New South Wales and relax completely. Uncrowded beaches, villages with lovely vibes, get hitched and then enjoy some relaxation straight after. Byron Bay is of course one of the more popular places for weddings, but don’t discount Yamba, and other seaside spots. Of course, Newcastle has a vibrant wedding scene and not far is pretty Port Stephens too.
Perfectly pretty in both winter and summer, the Snowy Mountains is a beautiful choice for your celebration. The backdrop to your photos will be stunning and what a lovely get away for your guests also.
Stretching from Wollongong to the Sapphire Coast, the South Coast of New South Wales is an absolute beauty. Everywhere you look the coast is simply sensational and beach side weddings will be filled with bliss. Jervis Bay with the whitest of sand, tranquil Batemans Bay and Merimbula is magic too.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING AT NEW SOUTH WALES WEDDING VENUES
New South Wales is known for its pleasant climate however it can be broad. From the Snowy Mountains that sees snow in the winter months to the sub-tropical climate further up North, New South Wales weather along the coast is temperate and can be humid during summer, but mild during the rest of the year. Further down south can experience cold snaps.
Whatever the weather, do your research and be sure to notify guests of expected weather but to be prepared. Also, it’s good to ensure you have a back-up plan in case bad weather arises.
The beauty of New South Wales is that it’s easy to get around. Self-driving is made easy with good roads and plenty of car hire options available. Alternatively, public transport is also available from coaches, trains, taxis and Ubers. Flights are also easily accessible.
Be sure to research your directions before taking off and you shouldn’t run into any trouble.
New South Wales has a lively event calendar especially in the city of Sydney – so it’s important to check their events calendar to ensure you don’t run into any transport or accommodation problems for your own big day. You can do this by checking out their tourism website and perhaps when booking your venue, get their insight also.
The beauty of New South Wales is that there is an impressive array of accommodation options to suit any budget or style. From camping and caravan grounds for larger groups, to guest houses, spa retreats, resorts and luxe hotels, everywhere you turn there is something to suit.
Once again, be sure to book in advance and liaise with your accommodation if you require help in accommodating your guests too.
City style, beachside bliss and an abundance of wineries too.
Here are our some of our top recommendations when it comes to the best wedding venues in New South Wales.
Private getaway in Jervis Bay.
- From: Minimum spend is $15 000 shoulder season
- Size of venue: Guest capacity sleeps 126, ceremonies and reception is 150.
- Indoor or outdoor: Outdoor ceremony with either indoor and outdoor reception options.
Looking for the ultimate getaway with your family and friends to celebrate your day? Then we highly recommend The Cove in gorgeous Jervis Bay. This venue offers a BYO and DIY approach allowing you to come up with the wedding of your dreams in your own unique way. Able to accommodate up to 126 guests you don’t need to worry about transport and can simply relax and soak up all this venue offers. You can have your ceremony overlooking the ocean, and your own private beach for your whole stay, all the while being surrounded by the beautiful Australian bush.
Effortless beauty in Byron Bay.
- From: Venue hire is as follows; Thursday’s $5,500, Friday’s $6,500, Saturday’s and Public holidays $7,500, Sunday’s $6,000. Summer and Winter Special for dates in December/January and June/July only are less $1000. Please note there it a $25,000 minimum spend at Fig Tree on Friday’s and Saturday’s. This included venue hire, accommodation, planning, catering, staffing and hire items for The Wedding Shed.
- Size of venue: Guest capacity is 72.
- Indoor or outdoor: Ceremonies are held outdoors under their 150-year-old Moreton Bay fig tree with a backdrop of rolling hills, Julian Rocks and the Byron Bay lighthouse. Afternoon cocktail and canapés are enjoyed outdoors by the pool and dining takes place inside the restaurant which offers magnificent views. A wet weather option is available in the restaurant.
Weddings at Fig Tree Restaurant encapsulate everything a Byron Bay wedding is all about; country charm, rolling hills, ocean views, beautiful gardens and a relaxed, yet sophisticated ambience. Host your ceremony underneath the ancient fig tree and then have your guests walk straight through to the poolside for cocktails and canapés. The restaurant is located in an original farmhouse and exudes effortless beauty. Clean white interiors, and a touch of modern Mediterranean vibes, Fig Tree is the perfect blank canvas to create wedding dreams. Food and service are unparalleled and the team go above and beyond to assist you every step of the way. We could go on and one, but words simply can’t do Fig Tree Restaurant justice. It’s something you just have to experience for yourself.
Ultimate country elegance.
- From: Venue hire is inclusive of either one or two nights accommodation. Package range from $10,000 to $15,500. Food and alcohol are additional.
- Size of venue: 150 seated.
- Indoor or outdoor: Multiple outdoor ceremony options available with undercover wet weather option available.
The Woodhouse at Redwood Park Wollombi is the ultimate country wedding destination venue in the Lower Hunter Valley, offering couples the opportunity to curate their own bespoke wedding. The Woodhouse is a purpose built architecturally designed space for weddings and events, nestled on a 100-acre property in the Hunter Valley. An elegant timber building with a rustic but refined European elegance to it. Think soaring 7m ceilings, 4m windows, freestanding fireplace, bar, huge outdoor undercover dancefloor/lounge area, outdoor firepit with integrated lounge seating and entertaining courtyard. Take advantage of the park like grounds and enjoy lakeside drinks and games, this property provides the perfect backdrop for country destination wedding.
Romantic Vineyard location.
- From: From $10,000 venue hire (includes the Estate exclusively for 2 nights, and Studio accommodation).
- Size of venue: 120 guests, maximum capacity.
- Indoor or outdoor: Both. There’s their beautiful venue The Grange, endless outdoor settings on the Estate, and a covered “all-weather” ceremony area on the lawns with a beautiful bush backdrop.
It doesn’t get much more beautiful or romantic than Bawley Vale Estate on the South Coast of New South Wales. In a coastal paradise you will find this idyllic 100acre property. The Estate boasts a vineyard of over 6500 grape vines, fruit orchards, a tranquil lake, friendly alpacas, deer, and goats, and lush greenery as far as the eye can see. There are a multitude of beautiful options for your wedding ceremony backdrop, countless magical photo opportunities, a 2-bedroom wedding suite, and a purpose-built function space currently receiving its finishing touches. With a capacity of 120 guests, “The Grange” wedding reception venue has an impressive modern-industrial vibe. Think sky-high ceilings dramatic glass windows, and a combination of brick and timber finishes, all complimented by views of surrounding vineyards and bush land. A cozy loft overlooks a spacious seating and dance area with long wooden tables, wine barrels, and luxurious finishing’s and textures. There’s not much more you could want from this breaking venue that will add all the magic to your special day.
360 degree ocean to Hinterland views.
- From: From $3,300 inc. accommodation ($500 discount applies across December/January and June/July.
- Size of venue: Expanding over 40 acres there is capacity for 70 guests.
- Indoor or outdoor: Both. Be wed outdoors with a breathtaking view across Byron Bay or dine under the stars in the cottage’s wraparound verandah.
When it comes to sensational views, Byron View Farm boasts the best outlook in Byron Bay. Sitting on a secluded hilltop with uninterrupted ocean to mountain views, this unique venue offer the the country and coastal experience all in one. Set on 40 acres of lush green rolling hills, Byron View Farm’s iconic setting lends itself to complement any style preference. With many locations to set your celebration, their cottage also doubles as self-contained accommodation, so you need not leave! When it comes to your photography, you are spoilt for choice and the sunsets are something else. However you choose to celebrate, you’re set for a magical experience with Byron View Farm.
Country chic at its finest.
- From: Packages start from $8,500.
- Size of venue: From 70 guests.
- Indoor or outdoor: Both indoor and outdoor ceremony locations available.
Bidja Estate, just 90 minutes from Sydney, is a chic country retreat for those looking to be hitched in a space that is the ultimate blank canvas to create whatever kind of celebration you choose. What we love about Bidja Estate is that they are flexible. There are beautiful paddocks or a rainforest setting for your ceremony, and then you can celebrate all night long in their Barn or have a marquee set up to suit your wedding needs – you’re only limited by your imagination. There’s onsite accommodation but you can have your guests camp too. Be sure to
Sydney’s most unique event space.
- From: Packages start from $4000.
- Size of venue: Up to 100 guests.
- Indoor or outdoor: Both indoor and outdoor ceremony locations available.
Wedding venues don’t get much more fun and unique than Hamptons Sydney. Boasting the best views of the Sydney Harbour, Hamptons is a a floating event space that is ideal for a suave and stunning celebration for you and your guests. The team are happy to cater to your needs and put together a unique menu that suits your taste and style. With two expansive open plan areas and two fully functions bars, the space is relaxed, yet romantic as you watch the sun go down on your first day as husband and wife. Create a magical and memorable occasion with Hamptons Sydney by your side.
Exclusive ocean elegance.
- From: To host your wedding, it requires exclusive use of the Dining Room, Cellar Bar & Terrace from 12pm – 10pm, with a $35,000.00 fee (made of $5,000 venue hire and $30,000.00 minimum spend to be allocated towards your food and beverages). A 15% service charge on total spend applies. A co-ordination fee and hotel room booking is also applicable. Contact Raes for further information.
- Size of venue: Seated reception for a maximum of 50 guests or a standing cocktail reception for 70 guests.
- Indoor or outdoor: Ceremonies are held in the dreamy outdoor Terrace.
If you have dreamed of getting married by the ocean, there is nothing quite like Raes in Byron Bay to make that a reality. Superb scenery, luxury accomodation and superior service when it comes to bringing events to life – it comes as little surprise that Raes is among the most sought-after venues on the east coast. This exclusive retreat in its luxurious beachfront setting is sure to impress.
Photo – Jack Henry
Rural luxury at your service.
- From: Packages range from $170-$220 per head, with a minimum Grain Shed BYO cost of $13,600.
- Size of venue: The venue is 200m2 and licensed capacity is 200.
- Indoor or outdoor: Ceremonies are held outdoors in the garden of the homestead, with the wet weather option of the sprawling verandah. Ceremonies may also be held in the Grain Shed.
Surrounded by lush green rolling hills this unique rural wedding and reception venue is a beauty. The 115-year-old Grain Shed has a grand cathedral ceiling and stunning outlook over Kimo Estate’s 7000 acres of breathtaking scenery.
The Kimo homestead and surrounding acreage of gardens set the scene for your ceremony as your guests sip champagne on the lawn of this magnificent property that was established in 1832.
With delightfully renovated accomodation onsite, gorgeous country views and a the option to make your celebration truly unique, Kimo Estate is a wedding winner.
Now you’ve seen what this incredible state offers, check out some stunning New South Wales real weddings!