The Bellarine Peninsula – Wedding Venues
It’s no secret to the locals of the area, that the Bellarine Peninsula is fast becoming a hot spot for wedding celebrations. With it’s breathtaking natural beauty and laid back vibe, there is a setting for every celebration. We explore the abundance of options couples have when it comes to saying ‘I do’.
WHY YOU SHOULD GET MARRIED ON THE BELLARINE
The Bellarine Peninsula boasts beauty at almost every corner, from its sleepy seaside villages to the delectable delights of local produce and fine wine. Quite simply, you could spend days and weeks on end taking in the stunning vistas with a glass of wine in hand as you visit the incredible vineyards and feast at the cosy coastal eateries.
A BELLARINE PENINSULA VENUE TO SUIT ANY THEME
The Bellarine Peninsula provides venues to suit any theme or style a couple desires.
Set along a stunning coastline an easy choice when it comes to a venue is finding a location with stunning coastal views, or a place where your guests can literally feel the sand between their toes.
Though don’t feel limited to thinking all the Bellarine Peninsula offers is beach weddings. Many venues are surrounded by beautiful bush land, giving a rustic and country feel to the celebration.
Many venues are blank canvas’ and a couple can truly bring their own style and celebration to the day.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING AT BELLARINE PENINSULA WEDDING VENUES
Bellarine Peninsula is without a doubt a stunning place to have your wedding, but you want to make sure you have all details covered and that it really does suit all your requirements before committing. There are a few extra factors it is worthwhile having in mind when looking at wedding venues in Bellarine Peninsula.
Bellarine Peninsula does tend to have a cooler climate, though can be sweltering hot in the summer months. If you’re having a beach wedding it’s important to think of shade so you’re comfortable and also factor in that beach weddings can be quite windy and may impact your styling and the performance of your celebrant when dealing with audio equipment.
If your wedding is going to be outdoors, do you have a contingency plan in case the weather is less than perfect.
Public transport is limited in this region, so you may want to look into hiring a bus to transport guests to and from your venue. Ensure you give clear directions to your venue to save any confusion on the day.
Accommodation will be easy for your friends and family to find on the Bellarine Peninsula. From flash houses, to campgrounds, there is a style to suit any budget. Do factor in the time of year as accommodation will book out quickly in peak season and school holidays.
Some guests may choose to make a weekend of your celebration and with a myriad of accommodation options as well as some premier eateries, your guests will delight in all that this region offers.
Award-winning excellence at Rusty Gate Estate
- From: $2,000 to host a ceremony
- Capacity: 150 guests
- Indoor or outdoor: Marquee weddings
- Distance from Melbourne: 1 hour 25 minutes
An award-winning olive grove offering amazing vistas, Rusty Gate Estate is certainly a jewel. Featuring expansive views, established grand gardens and multiple ceremony sites, at Rusty Gate, you can cater for your celebration no matter its size or needs.
Magnificent views and the finest wines.
- From: $7,000 for use of the property
- Capacity: Marquee weddings of up to 180, barrel hall accommodates 120 sit down
- Indoor or outdoor: Multiple outdoor ceremony options, or use of the cellar door
- Distance from Melbourne: 1 hour 20 minutes
With magnificent views across Port Phillip Bay and offering of fine wines, BAIE Wines vineyard is the perfect setting for outdoor wedding ceremonies and marquee receptions that will leave your guests gasping. Build your day around the stunning backdrop and celebrate in whatever style you like.
Weddings with wow factor.
- From: Cocktail packages start from $155 per head and a la carte from $160 per head, inclusive of food and beverages.
- Capacity: Ability to host up to 120 guests seated or 200 for a cocktail style wedding.
- Indoor or outdoor: Numerous outdoor ceremony locations and indoor and undercover options if required.
- Distance from Melbourne: 1 hour 33 minutes
Boasting two venue spaces on one stunning property, it’s hard not to be wowed by the incredible Jack Rabbit Vineyard. With views for days, an award winning and acclaimed menu full of fresh and local produce, couples only need decide the style of wedding they wish to host, knowing that Jack Rabbit Vineyard really does offer it all.
Eclectic, artistic and full of fun.
- From: P.O.A
- Capacity: 100 guests seated in restaurant and restaurant garden, however larger numbers can be accommodated in a marquee.
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception locations available. Their rustic train shed is the perfect ceremony wet weather option.
- Distance from Melbourne: 1 hour 46 minutes
An original 1920’s homestead, Oakdene is set amongst the vines and an eclectic, lush art garden setting. Surrounded by an eclectic mix of sculpture and paintings, it’s a venue full of colour, fun and personality. With bed and breakfast accommodation, restaurant and a cellar door, it’s a lovely local venue to really escape to.
Relaxed elegance nestled amongst the vines.
- From: Cocktail packages from $120/pp and feasting from $135 per head
- Capacity: Up to 200 guests
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor and outdoor ceremony locations available.
- Distance from Melbourne: 1 hr 30 minutes
It’s hard not to fall in love with the gorgeous and relaxed air of Leura Park Estate set on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula. A working vineyard nestled amongst vines, with an outstanding function venue that oozes rustic charm, it really is the perfect place to say ‘I do’. Stunning food choices, incredible wine it’s an untapped gem and perfect for the relaxed bride and groom.
An idyllic lighthouse location.
- From: From $135 – $165 per head
- Capacity: Intimate and cosy space for smaller wedding parties of up to 30 guests or 100 guests seated and up to 150 cocktail.
- Indoor or outdoor: Two outdoor ceremony options, with wet weather back-up options available.
- Distance from Melbourne: 1 hr 35 minutes
Merne at Lighthouse is an idyllic location situated amongst a thriving olive grove and blossoming vineyard on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula. The surrounding landscape is home to farms, dairies and orchards and will have your guests feeling relaxed in this beautiful setting. Priding themselves on the quality of their produce, Merne’s dishes are designed with their fresh produce to be the hero. They love their food to be shared amongst loved ones and are determined to have no guest leave hungry.
Funky, fabulous and easy on the eye.
- From: From $155 per head
- Capacity: 400 stand up cocktail or 230 sit down menu.
- Indoor or outdoor: Indoor and outdoor ceremony options should inclement weather be a problem.
- Distance from Melbourne: 1 hr 30 minutes
If you’re looking for something funky, fabulous and fun, then iconic Flying Brick Cider House is a spectacular wedding venue for those looking for a space that is pleasing to the eye, open and provides a relaxed air. It has a casual and relaxed ambiance complemented with a premium food and service experience – the perfect venue for any style of wedding.
Terindah Estate delivers award-winning wines, delectable food and spectacular views across Port Phillip Bay. The property, set amidst the sweeping vines, offers access to a private beach on which couples can create photographic memories before rejoining their guests for a gastronomic feast. It is truly a venue that’s hard to overlook.
ONE DAY ESTATE
First appearances can be deceiving, and when we arrived at One Day Estate we were not sure what to expect. We came to realise that this venue complements a bride and groom looking for an absolutely unique wedding space. Handcrafted from recycled timbers and stone, it appears every nook and cranny of the space has a story to tell and there is really no other venue quite like it.
The Barn in Wallington specialises in allowing couples to celebrate their day, their way. It is rustic opulence nestled among the blue gums and without doubt the perfect blank canvas for brides and grooms that want to get creative and let their imaginations run wild.
Want our hints and tips for the top places to eat, stay, visit and play on the Bellarine Peninsula, we unveil this incredible region here.