The year of the ballgown – fashion spotlight
Metres of silk, structural pleats, body, movement and effortless, elegant style – those are the things that spring to mind when considering the well deserved uptake of brides opting for a modern ballgown look for their big day.
From the chance to incorporate a thigh-high split, add texture or even a bold-shouldered and beautiful balloon sleeve – the full skirt can be as comfortable as it is architectural, sleek and refined.
Photogenic in all its forms, ballgowns add some drama, and a nipped in waist with full skirt creates a stunning silhouette and is undeniably romantic. A real statement maker that is sure to make the wearer feel effortlessly elegant on their dream day.
We don’t see this trend going away anytime soon and we absolutely know why – high impact visually and alluring in all its forms. We’ve taken a look at the modern twist to the traditional ball gowns and shown off a few of our faves.
A selection of the gowns above are currently in stock with fashion favourites, who can be found here.
- Gown: Luci Di Bella / Photo: Ali Bailey
- Gown: And For Love Audlyn gown from SOHO bride / Photo: Matt Godkin
- Gown: Love Honor from The Bridal Atelier
- Gown: Jason Grech / Photo: Eric Ronald
- Gown: Taryn Camille gown by Karen Willis Holmes
- Gown: Prea James Bridal, Amelia Gown
- Gown: Shehzarin Batha Couture / Photo: Nat Davies
- Gown: Chantelle gown by Mariana Hardwick / Photo: Lost in Love Photography
- Gown: Menha gown by Grace Loves Lace
- Gown: Georgia Young Couture / Photo: Kas Richards
- Gown: Mia gown from Amy New Bridal / Photo: With Love Weddings
- Gown: Bluebell Bridal
- Gown: Georgia Young Couture / Photo Kas Richards
- Gown: LAS POZAS gown by Margaux Tardits via Carte Blanche Bride / Photo: Adriana Fialov
- Gown: Bernadette Pimenta Couture
- Gown: Chasing The Sun Charlton gown from SOHO bride / Photo: Cricket Studio
- Gown: d’italia / Photo: Josephine Lee